Dear Dilley Families,
I hope all of you are enjoying some great family time during this summer break! As the summer winds down, we are gearing up for the new school year. We are excited about the 2023-2024 school year! Our focus will be on working together to develop strong academic achievers and a strong sense of community in all our students. This letter is intended to provide you with some answers to questions frequently asked as the school year begins.
When will class lists be posted?
Class lists will be posted on the windows at the main entrance on Monday, August 28th.
Where can I find the school supply list?
Click on “Schools” and then on “Dilley”. The supply list is located on the front page and under the Parent tab. You can also come in to pick up a hard copy version of the supply list.
What is the dress code policy for Dilley?
Please review the following dress code standards in order to help your child choose clothing that is appropriate for the school setting. These expectations are aligned with those at other elementary schools in the Forest Grove School District.
- If flip-flops are worn to school, be sure to send shoes that are safe for PE and recess as well.
- Hats and sunglasses should not be worn in the building, unless otherwise stated or approved.
- Clothing with inappropriate or offensive language or graphics, including references to alcohol, drugs, weapons, gangs, etc. are not permitted.
When is the first day of school?
The first day of school for 1st through 4th grade is Wednesday, September 6th.. school starts 9:00 am.
Every Wednesday, after the first week of school, school will start late so the school day will begin at 10:00 am. All other days, school starts at 9:00 a.m. School dismissal is at 3:15 p.m. The first day for Kindergarten is Thursday, September 7th. The calendar for the school year can also be found on the district web page.
Please mark your calendars with these important dates:
- On Wednesday, August 30th, we will have a Back to School Barbeque from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Students and families may drop in to meet their teachers, drop off school supplies, and enjoy some food with the Dilley family..
- As a reminder, every year, all volunteers in the district must complete a background check. Please do so by October 1st in order to volunteer at school, chaperone field trips, and help at events. No Covid cards will be needed. The link for submitting the background check can be found on the district web page or we can help access it in the school office. This must be completed every school year.
Our PTO is the best! Please reach out to our Dilley PTO at [email protected], if you are interested in volunteering to support our school. We are also looking for a Dilley parent who would be interested in serving on our Building Site Council (BSC). The Building Site Council is made up of parents, teachers and staff. Their purpose is to help plan, implement and review the School Improvement Plan for our building. The School Improvement Plan addresses our improvement goals in the areas of Literacy, Mathematics, School Climate and Safety. Parents who serve on this council will be asked to attend a monthly, one-hour meeting from September through May. If you are interested you can nominate yourself by contacting me at 503-359-2493 or e-mail [email protected]
These are the staff members who will be working with your children this year:
Make sure to log on to our web page (www.fgsd.k12.or.us –click on Schools, and find our page) throughout the year. You will find calendar information, newsletters, announcements, district policies and other information about the school. We look forward to seeing you at all our events this year. Enjoy the rest of the summer!
John Allen, Principal